This ranges from an opportunity survey to a full Investment Grade Audit (IGA).
This survey identifies opportunities to save energy and the potential to develop an EPC, which helps you reduce costs.
To complete an opportunity survey, we review energy data and conduct a site visit, a process that usually lasts one to three days.
The report we produce identifies:
- Current energy consumption
- Potential savings and an estimate of what it will cost to achieve them
- Funding options for you to consider
- Procurement routes, including an EPC
For more information about our survey offerings, get in touch.
Investment Grade Audit
Based on the findings of the opportunity survey, or if you have already identified a potential scheme, we prepare for you an Investment Grade Audit (IGA). This gives you all the information you need to build a business case for an EPC and secure buy-in from all relevant players in your organisation.
With an IGA, we dive deeper and review your energy data; operating and maintenance manuals (O&Ms); backlog maintenance; estate strategy; organisational values and culture; funding requirements; and general information. Depending on the complexity of the site, the IGA can take up to six months and will deliver the following:
- Current energy and maintenance baseline
- Proposed measures to reduce energy and maintenance costs
- Detailed costs of proposed measures
- Financial models, identifying NPV of the project (IRR if required). The models include funding options and accounting structures
- Project risk schedule
- Programme of work
The information provided can be used to populate your business case template.
More information is available in our page ‘the Ylem Way’
Design & Installation
We know that sites are complex, busy places and we plan carefully to complete all our work without disrupting your business or ongoing projects.
We offer a wide range of design and installation works, including:
- Air source heat pump (ASHP)
- Automated metering and targeting
- Backlog maintenance
- Battery and standby generation / storage
- Building Energy Management and Monitoring Systems (BEMS)
- Biomass heating
- Building fabric upgrades
- Civil works (to support proposed interventions)
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- Combined Cooling, Heat and Power (CCHP)
- De-steam of sites
- Energy Centres
- Free cooling
- Fuel and oil storage
- District / community heating
- Energy efficient lighting and controls
- Ground source heat pumps (GSHP)
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC)
- HV and LV systems
- Photo voltaics
- Prefabricated plantrooms
- Sustainable Transformation Plan (STP) integration
- Water efficiency
- Wind power
We can also refurbish and / or adopt existing equipment, plus, roll-out non-capex measures, such as behavioural change. (See our case study for details of a typical project.)
At Ylem, we always ensure the safety of your staff, our employees and members of the public.
We operate our own safe system of work, or integrate into – and comply with – existing systems.
Our maintenance packages are designed around the needs of your organisation. We can take over existing systems and carry out extensive maintenance, monitor existing equipment or offer a tailored combination of services.
Our aim is to keep your business running with the right systems in place and with as little interruption as possible.
Our case studies demonstrate how maintenance is carried out in a typical EPC project.
As part of our EPC work, we offer:
- Opportunity surveys
- Energy compliance (ESOS, greenhouse gas, CRC, CCA, EU ETS, EPBD, CP1, RO Fit)
- Energy monitoring and validation
- Bill validation